|This article is about the television series. You may be looking for the character.|
Sooty, sometimes referred to as The Sooty Show, is the name of the television series that began in 2001 and ended in 2004 on CITV. It was presented by Richard Cadell and Vicki Lee Taylor.
It followed a similar format to Sooty Heights where Sooty and the gang run a hotel.
In the later seasons of this series, the puppets were given a makeover, Soo's voice was no longer provided by Brenda Longman and the original puppeteers such as Brian Sandford left. But since then, they have reverted back to the original puppet styles and Brenda and Brian have reprised their roles as Soo and Sweep, respectively.
In an interview with the Daily Mail in 2012, Richard said that HiT Entertainment made the show bland and that he tried to persuade the producers to go back to the roots of the show. He also said that in the later series, they wanted to get rid of the humans all together.
- Vicki sometimes refers to Richard as "Uncle Richard".
- Series 3 was pulled off the air by CITV, due to the awful state that the show was in, but used the excuse that the ratings weren't good enough.
- Only 2 of the new episodes in Series 3 were shown, the rest not getting aired until the repeat in 2006.
- 4 episodes of this series were put onto DVD for the Daily Mirror.
- As Vicki is Richard's niece, why didn't he mention her in Sooty Heights?
- In the previous series, Sooty Heights was a seaside hotel, this series was the same hotel but did not have a seaside anymore?
- Even though it is meant to be the same hotel, numerous stuff has changed. The office is now a living room and the room next to the reception is bigger.