|The Marching Band|
The Marching Band is the penultimate episode of the 2011 series of Sooty.
Richard is preparing a show that will blow everything away, and the gang are desperate to take part. But what can Sweep do? With his bagpipes and batons causing nothing but trouble, Sooty comes up with some mischief of his own.
- One of the songs played by Sweep on the bagpipes is "Scotland the Brave".
- The brass band is not a real one and is instead made up of members of the production team including: Wink Taylor, co-writer; Wendy Abrahams, make-up artist; and Dan Rose, runner. The rest of the band are currently unconfirmed.
- This episode was the second to be written.
- According to a blog post by writer Alex Skerratt, an elderly trombone player was originally to be "hoisted aloft by a berserk crane". This was not included for budgetary reasons.
- This is the third of the three few episodes in the series to have narrative, the other two being Down the Drain and The New Poster.
- The part of this episode where Sweep keeps interupting the band with different instruments was adapted from the old Harry Corbett episode "Sooty's Tea Party".
- Despite being refered to as "The Marching Band", the band does not seem to be doing much marching.