|The Pop Concert|
Nicola Marie Bloor
The Pop Concert is the last episode of the 2011 series of Sooty.
Richard is hosting a pop concert on the Park for one of his favourite singers – only she hasn’t arrived. With a crowd of people waiting to see her, it’s up to the gang to keep them entertained. But as time ticks on, it’s down to Sweep to take to the stage and give the performance of a lifetime.
- This episode was originally scheduled to be shown earlier in the run, but it was moved to the end of the series for unknown reasons.
- The script Soo holds up actually appears to be part of the episode's script.
- Wink Taylor can be spotted on the dodgems.
- The hand tapping on the bonnet of the limo is not Maybe Goo Ga actress Nicola Marie Bloor, it is actually puppeteer Mandy Glass.
- Maybe Goo Ga is obviously based on real popstar, Lady GaGa. The song she sings is to the tune of Lady GaGa's Poker Face.
- The brain box (which appeared in The Inventions Game) was originally meant to appear in this episode.
- This is the last episode that Mandy Glass puppeteers Soo. Martin Rose takes over her position in the second series.
- When Richard bends down to let Sooty whisper to him to explain who'll see the upside-down poster, the paintbrush Richard is holding turns upside down in the close-up shot.
- When the chauffeur closes the limo's bonnet, the reflection of a couple of crew members can be seen.