|The Swimming Lesson|
September 5th, 2011
The Swimming Lesson is an second episode of the 2011 series of Sooty.
Sweep is scared of the water, and can’t get his Frisbee when it lands in the sea. Luckily Richard is giving swimming lessons at the Holiday Park, and Sooty is determined that Sweep will join in – if he stops sunbathing that is! Will Sweep take the plunge and overcome his fears?
- When Richard is blowing his whistle to tell the children to jump into the pool, the man sat behind him in the blue t-shirt is Wink Taylor, one of the writers.
- Sweep doesn't seem to have had a phobia with water in the past.
- When Sooty and Soo first pop up next to Richard, the umbrella behind Sooty and Soo seems to disappear in the close-up shots.
- When Richard says "you don't need swimming lessons..." the puppeteer's hair can be seen on the bottom of the screen.
- When the line of children jumps into the pool, the last child slips.
- When Sweep flies over the pile of floats for a second time, the red float on top is missing.
- Sweep's parachute seems to appear from nowhere.
- When the parachute lands on top of Sweep, some wire can be seen on the top of the parachute.
- In the final shots of the puppets in the water, Sooty's puppeteer can clearly be seen in the water controlling Sooty. Brian Sandford can also briefly be seen operating Sweep.